Lately I can’t help but look back and compare where I was with Top Notch Mom and where I am now. It’s hard to believe how far I’ve come and how much improvement has been made with my little corner of the blog world. I used to make dinner in my kitchen and rush to take the picture so the food would still be hot. It was so stressful and I felt very unorganized and rushed. I have really found my passion in food photography and styling and I can’t wait to learn more and continue to improve on my skills. I wouldn’t have been able to do any of this without the help from my lovely husband, my good friend and photographer Marissa Hannan, and Lynsey Betz who has made my blog BEAUTIFUL!
I’ve been meaning to do a comparison of a recipe I posted for Memorial Day last year.
- 2 28 oz cans Maple Cured Bacon Baked Beans
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Ketchup
- 1/4 C Mustard
- 16 oz Package of Hot Dogs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the baked beans, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard into a mixing bowl.
- Cut hot dogs into bite size pieces and add to your mixing bowl
- Stir everything together and pour into a 8X11 baking dish
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top of the dish before you put it into the oven
- Cover with foil and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes or until hot dogs start to brown