I must say scones remind me of when I was younger, I’d say about 10 years old, and my parents sent me to etiquette class. At first, I dreaded the class because it was 4 hours long and on a Saturday afternoon. Looking back on that time I am so happy I went and I learned so much. We ended the class with a Tea Party to show our parents all of the different things we had learned.
Scones are perfect for when you are having guests over. They are light and flaky and you can top them with so many different things like caramel (pictured below), jelly or even melted cheese. They are perfect for whatever kind of mood you are in. You can’t go wrong with these, your guests will love them!
You will need:
- 3 C all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 1/4 C buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combined flour, baking powder, salt, butter & buttermilk into a bowl
- Mix together until a soft dough is formed
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle about 3/4 inches thick and cut into triangle shaped pieces
- Place scones on a lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Add to favorites