With the weather cooling down I thought it would be the perfect time to bring out the crock pot. I love, love, love this recipe because it has minimal preparation and once it’s in the crock pot you can set it and forget it until the next morning. Did I mention that it also makes your house smell ahhmazing?! Serve it on toast or crackers and you’ve got yourself a tasty fall treat.
PS. I used my Ninja Blender for this which pureed it but you could use an immersion blender if you wanted to keep it a little chunkier.
- 12 apples
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP allspice
- Peel, core and chop apples
- Toss the apples in water, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice
- Place everything in crock pot
- Cook overnight on low for 12 hours
- Bump it up to high and prop the lid for 2 hours( it will cook down and thicken quite a bit)
- Blend down until smooth
Add to favorites