Not too long ago I attended my first ever recipe exchange party. The concept of the party was so cool and it was such a great way to get new recipes that I knew were tried and true family favorites.
As I made one of the recipes I got from the exchange, I thought about how awesome it would be to do something similar, except, virtually. That’s when Susan The Foodette and I started talking, and together we came up with our first ever virtual recipe swap, Favorite Family Recipes.
Susan shared her Hot Cocoa Cookie recipe and it is out of this world! I have already signed up to make it for a few holiday cookie exchanges I am going to be attending. I honestly haven’t tasted a better cookie before and I am so excited to share it with all of you here.
Stop by and say hi to Susan and see all of the other yummy things she has to share!
- 1 stick + 2 TBS butter-room temperature
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C + 2 TBS all purpose flour
- 3 TBS chocolate pudding mix
- 2 packets hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients and toss in chocolate chips.
- Combined dry and wet ingredients mixing well.
- Batter will be thick, you may need to use clean, greased hands to fully combine.
- Fold in Mallow Bits.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes
- Depending on size, makes 12-24 cookies.