Since I can remember I’ve always had a passion for baking. Before I met my husband, I would just pick up a box mix at the grocery store, a can of icing and call it a day. Now when I make cupcakes I take my time to make everything from scratch. The most popular cupcake combination I get asked to make is Double Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.
What you’ll need:
For the cake:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg, beaten
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
(frosts about a dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line pan with cupcake liners of your choice
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, chocolate & water. Stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer into mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together. Fold into chocolate mixture. Stir in egg.
- Divide batter equally
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely
- Combine butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, beat with an electric mixer.
- Slowly mix in the confectioners’ sugar
- Incorporate milk, one tablespoon at a time
- Beat for at least 3 minutes, allowing the frosting to become thick and fluffy
Chocolate Cake Recipe Adapted from Cornerstones Cupcakes & Muffins recipe book
Add to favorites