I am so excited to share my first ever Simple Summer Makeup Look makeup post here on Top Notch Mom today. 2 years ago I became a certified professional makeup artist. After years of practicing on myself and friends I knew it was time to turn this passion of mine into a paying job. It’s been really nice and I am so glad I decided to do it!
I really wanted to film a video tutorial, but with 2 kiddos and a big move coming up I just didn’t have the time to sit down and film something and edit it. Once we are settled in our new house it will definitely be video tutorials on the blog.
Here is a step by step Simple Summer Makeup Look routine, I hope you like it! Feel free to leave any comments and questions below and I will definitely reply.
I wanted to keep this look as simple as possible. As a busy mom of two I rarely do my makeup unless I am going somewhere special. This is the exact routine I use on myself if I want a warm summer glow heading to the pool, beach or BBQ!
1. Using your hands, apply any type of BB cream with an SPF evenly all over your face.
2. Use a bronzer to warm up and define your face. Apply the bronzer along the hollows of your cheeks and blend along the temples and hairline.
3. Apply your blush over top the bronzer you put on the hollows of your cheek back towards your ear.
4. Apply a highlighter on your cheekbones, onto your brow bone and on top of your cupid’s bow (the indent at the center of your top lip).
5. Any waterproof mascara will be perfect.
6. A lipgloss to finish off the simple summer makeup look
6. Now set your makeup with a “dewy” setting spray to make it stay all day!
Here is the finished look….
Add to favorites