Next Monday, September 16 just so happens to be National Play-Doh Day so I only found it fitting to share this homemade play-doh recipe with you. Even though Matthew is still a little too young to play with it, I sure had a lot of fun using cookie cutters to make different shapes with it.
- You will need:
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C salt
- 1 TBS cream of tartar
- 1 C boiling water
- 1 1/2 TBS oil
- **Kool Aid Unsweetened Drink Mix** – Think about colors for your play-doh when you are selecting different packages at the store. The grocery store I was at didn’t have a huge variety but they were 5 for $1 so I felt like I was getting a good deal.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Carefully add the boiling water and oil
- Mix with a fork
- Once it’s cooled, knead it
- Divide dough into as many portions as kook aid packages you bought
- *Mine made 6 different colors*
- Add kool aid little by little to desired color is reached
Add to favorites